Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Paris and the Madness are about to go down!


Tomorrow morning at exactly 9:20am (pacific) the madness begins.
This evening at exactly 4:55pm hoop heads around the North America come down with the flu. A flu that can't get these brave warriors back into their offices for at least a week. Or at least till the Elite 8. Funny how that seems to happen year in and year out.

March Madness kicks off tomorrow and I've yet to do bracket. On paper it looks simple. Louisville, UNC, Pitt & UConn, all number ones. All worthy to win it all. All worthy to go down as quick as Paris Hilton at a Hollywood party.
This year is like every year for this tournament. Any team, any game. Thats why its the madness.
Lets begin.

Midwest:
Louisville is a beast. Earl Clark is one of my favorite players in the NCAA. They've lost to some weak teams this season, but have been on a tear to close out. I'm taking Louisville here. Look out for a gem of a game between Louisville and Ohio State in the second round. Won't be an upset, but Ohio State will give them a run. Im a big BJ Mullins fan. Watch out for him next year.

West:
Again with the number one seed here. U Conn is just too much for anyone in this bracket. Thabeet, Price, Dyson, Adrien. So many weapons. Memphis is a good team, but not great. I see them only getting as far as the sweet 16.
Purdue is my upset team if there is one in this bracket. Its U Conn's to lose.

East:
Hate to sound like a broken record, but the number one seed with prevail. Duke just hasn't convinced me all season long. Villanova & UCLA will have a great match up in the round of 32. I like Nova getting to the Elite 8, but Pitt will be too much.
Sleeper team. Florida State.

South:
Everyone has North Carolina as a lock to win the South. I however disagree. I watched UNC more then any team this season. I just don't think they can do it. Ty Lawson needs to be 100% for them to win. I got it down to two teams. Oklahoma or Syracuse.
Nobodies picked the Sooners with many people writing them off. I'm a Blake Griffin man, and think it will come down to the miracle Orangeman and Griffin's Sooners in an epic sweet 16 match up. I'll take Griffin and the Sooners here. Call this one more of a hunch. Its like I said though. Any team. Any game.
Oh and before I wrap up the South. My team the Michigan Wolverines whom I embraced in the Fab Five era, finally are back in the tourney. I got them to take Clemson in the first round. No chance against Oklahoma in the next round though.

Right so that makes my final four.....

Pitt vs Oklahoma
I like Oklahoma but I don't see them handling Pitt. Dejuan Blair and Sam Young are just too much for Griffin to handle. Pitt in a walk in this one.

Louisville vs U Conn
I think this will one hell of a match up. Louisville runs a lot of different guys, for short amounts of time. They got the depth in the energy department. Samuels, Clark & Williams will be big in the paint. Will they be enough to handle Thabeet. I think so. This one will go down to the wire, with Louisville taking it.

From 64 to 2. Pitt vs Louisville. Heres how I see it going down.

This will be physical and one of the best finals in recent memory. Blair & Clark will be leading their fronts. I like the strength of Pitt. It will be close, maybe even overtime.
Im saying Pitt wins it all.

Right so there we have it. You could really flip a coin for the majority of the games in this tourney. Thats the beauty of it. I will be shocked if one of the four teams I took to make the final four don't win it all. That being said. Put your money on UNC all you handicappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment